Today is Mother's Day. On the way home from school the other day in the car, Caitlin told me that she really wanted to get me something for Mother's Day but that she had no way of getting to the store. My heart swelled with love as I explained to her that she didn't have to get me anything because if it weren't for her and Maddie, I would not be a mother and that my two girls are gift enough. She smiled and was really happy with my explanation.
After all, that is the truth. My girls are my everything! They give me reason to smile when I don't feel like it. They give me reason to act silly and get away with it, and they give me strength to be the best mother that I can be. Although I am not always perfect, they do their best to make me proud. I am so thankful to have my girls in my life, for without them I would never know and understand the true feelings of being a mother!
Being a mother also makes you fully understand and be thankful for all of the sacrifices and patience our mothers made and had when we were young! So here is a shout out to the mother's closest to me and to every other mother. A mother's love and support is something that can't be compared! Happy Mother's Day!
My reasons for goodnight kisses and morning smiles!
My mother (Nana) with Caitie. Thank you for always being there and for being my best friend!
My late MIL (with Maddie) who is so missed and loved each day. Thank you for bringing my hubby into this world and for being my "Mum" to me and a wonderful Gramma to our girls!
My Oma, thank you for spending all the time you did with us as kids and for the love and time you give our girls!
Grandma Nickle, thank you for showing us your endless love and energy!
My sister (Auntie Tina) for being the mother that you are and inspiring me to do my best!








3 comments:
Happy Mother's Day Jen! :)
Beautifully shared.....and happy Mama's day to you also!! :)
Very sweet post! I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day!
Post a Comment